Monday, December 17, 2012

Churches Visited in Rome

Ciao Ragazzi!

I am now blogging from my ever-so-comfortable couch at my home in New York! The plane ride back was beautiful - managed to sleep about 6-7 hours out of the possible 10 in the air :)

I'll comment more thoroughly on my experiences the last few weeks in the next post, as well as put up a little list of "favorite stuff" done to close out this blog. For here, I just wanted to give you all the list of churches I visited in Rome (a list I've been keeping since August). Of course I was hoping this list was going to be MUCH longer, but honestly, I'm proud of the ones i got to. I was not in the Theology class this semester the whole goal of which was to visit and study churches (so none of these were visited by necessity), and also my original plan was to go to a different church every week but quickly discovered that most of my weekends aka Sundays were going to be spent in other Italian cities or countries. And I kept this to just Rome. So anyway, here's the list - hope a few sound interesting enough to google! They were all beautiful :)


1. St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican – *Papal Basilica
2. San Giovanni (St. John Lateran) – *Papal Basilica, Cathedral of Rome
3. Santa Maria Maggiore - *Papal Basilica
4. St. Paul’s Outside the Wall - *Papal Basilica
5. St. Sebastian, Via Appia – Catacombs of the early Christians
6. Santa Susanna
7. Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
8. Santa Maria in Vallicella, “Chiesa Nuova”
9. Centro San Lorenzo – World Youth Day Centre and Cross
10. Il Convento dei Cappuccini – Ossuary Crypt
11. Basilica dei SS. Ambrogio e Carlo
12. Basilica Parrocchia S. Giacomo in Augusta
13. Gesu e Maria al Corso
14. Santa Maria dei Miracoli
15. Basilica Parrocchiale S. Maria Del Popolo
16. San Luigi dei Francesi
17. Basilica San Eustachio
18. San Ignazio di Loyola
19. Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, AWC portrait and body of St. Catherine
20. Santa Maria dei Martiri, Pantheon
21. San Spirito in Sassia, St. Dominic’s Orange Tree and earliest crucifixion depiction
22. Chiesa del Collegio Leoniano
23. Santa Maria in Cosmedin, Mouth of Truth
24. Trinita’ dei Monti, top of Spanish steps
25. Basilica di Santa Cecilia in Trastevere
26. San Rocco All’Augusteo, by the Ara Pacis
27. Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, fragments of Jesus’ cross
28. Trinita dei Pellegrini
29. Basilica di San Clemente

No comments:

Post a Comment