Friday, September 21, 2012

Four Weeks In

Ciao!

So it is just hitting the group today that we have now been here in Rome one month. One FULL month has passed already. Four weeks. 1/4 of our total time here. This time is flying by SOO fast. Of course, that was entirely expected and I feel as though a lot has been accomplished so far but still, it's crazy.

Today was the final for my Italian class! I assure the excitement isn't from the fun of taking that exam (..which was far more difficult than I wanted it to be..) but that it's all over :)  The class was an intensive 3 hours a day, 5 days a week - but now I just have that time off for the rest of the semester to relax and maybe even practice some Italian on my own in the city.

Today, we got to leave right after the test about 2 hours earlier than normal. We came back to the dorm and I left again to do some errands like go to the bank and Farmacia (3 guesses what store that is). On the way back, I stopped in about 4-5 random stores just to shop - I found a little art store, kid's toy store, and a full-on mall complete with clothes, shoes, food, a home furnishings dept., bags, and a photo-shoot where some Italian models were showing off the store's collection. I found the photo-shoot by taking a random turn where I heard some commotion (and me being me...I went ahead to explore) and practically walked through the set in front of the cameras. I promptly got yelled at by a group of camera guys/directors/models and later noticed the sign that said something to the effect of "don't enter." My Italian training didn't quite prepare me for that one. Oops.

As for tonight - the CUA crew is participating in a spirituality evening with the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist followed by a free dinner! Should be awesome. And tomorrow is 1. My birthday (turning 20!) and 2. Our Tuscany trip!!! We leave promptly at 8am and return on Monday night. Can't wait :)

Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment